Can I apply for free school meals?
You can apply for school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
- the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school or call the Education Service on 01274 439393)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income threshold of less than £7,400
If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 they will receive universal infant free school meals; this is funded by the government. However if you are in receipt any of the benefits listed above please apply for benefit linked free school meals too and help our school receive additional funding. We will also help you with uniform costs if you are in receipt of benefit linked FSM!
Once your child is in Year 3 you will be charged for any school meals taken, unless you are entitled to benefit linked free school meals.
Check your eligibility and apply for free school meals using the link below: